24. Ferreira, A. V.B., Z. Q. An, R. L. Metzenberg and N. L. Glass. 1998. Characterization of mat A-2, mat A-3 and DmatA mating-type mutants of Neurospora crassa. Genetics 148:1069-1079.
23. An, Z. Q., B. Z. Guo, and J. W. Hendrix. 1998. Viability of soilborne spores of glomalean mycorrhizal fungi. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 30:1133-1136.
22. An, Z. Q., Q. Zhao, J. McEvoy,W. M. Yuan, J. L. Markley, and S. A. Leong. 1997. The second finger of Urbs1 is required for iron-mediated repression of sid1 of Ustilago maydis. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 94:5882-5887.
21. Leong, S. A., Z. Q. An, G. Gentil, Q. Zhao, W. Yuan, and H. Von Dohren 1997. Organization and regulation of a siderophore biosynthetic gene cluster in Ustilago maydis. In Developments in Industrial Microbiology-GMBIM, Society for Industrial Microbiology, Washington D.C. pp89-91.
20. An, Z. Q., B. Mei, W. M. Yuan, and S. A. Leong. 1997. The distal GATA sequences of the sid1 promoter of Ustilago maydis mediate iron repression and interact directly with Urbs1, a transcription repressor and a member of the GATA family of transcription factors. The EMBO Journal 16:1742-1750.
19. Leong, S.A. and Z. Q. An. 1997. Biosynthetic and regulatory aspects of siderophores. In G. Winkelmann and C. Carrano (eds.): Transition Metals in Microbial Metabolism. Harwood Academic Publishers, the Netherlands, pp51-79.
18. An, Z. Q., M. L. Farman, A. Budde, S. Taura, and S. A. Leong. 1996. New cosmid vectors for library construction, systematic chromosome walking and rapid restriction mapping in Ustilago maydis and Magnaporthe grisea. Gene 176:93-96.
17. Leong, S. A., Z. An, B. Mei, J. McEvoy, Q. Zhao, and J. Markley. 1995. Sequences and proteins required for iron-regulated expression of sid1 of Ustilago maydis. Canadian Journal of Botany 73(S):140-147. DOI: 10.1139/b95-237.
16. Hendrix, J. W., B. Z. Guo, and Z. Q. An. 1995. Divergence of mycorrhizal fungal communities by crop rotation. In H. P. Collins, G. P. Robertson, and M. J. Klug (eds.): The Significance and Regulation of Soil Biodiversity. pp131-140. Kluwer Academic Publishers,the Netherlands.